Terms and Conditions
Detroit Musicians Entertainment
CONTRACT FOR MUSICAL SERVICES
The term “Local Union” when used herein shall refer to the Detroit Federation of Musicians Local 5 of the American Federation of Musicians. The term “Federation” when used herein shall refer the International Office of the American Federation of Musicians. THIS CONTRACT for the personal services of musicians is made today in Southfield, Michigan between the undersigned Purchaser of Music (herein called “Purchaser”) and the undersigned Musician(s).
1. Location of Event, Event Date(s), Type of Engagement, & Compensation Agreed Upon are all specified by the Purchaser in this personalized contract.
2. HOW PAYMENTS ARE TO BE MADE: 50% of the agreed compensation shall be due as a DEPOSIT payable by purchaser via PayPal through this Contract with Purchaser’s signature affixed hereto. The remaining 50% of the BALANCE is due on the date of the engagement and shall be paid directly to the band leader via check, money order or cash.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
3. No performance on the engagement shall be recorded, reproduced, or tramsmitted from the place of performance, in any manner, or by any means whatesoever, in the absence of a specific written agreement with the Federation relation to and permitting such recording, reproduction, or transmission. The Federation may enforce this prohibition in any court of competent jurisdiction.
4. This contract and the terms and conditions contained herein may be enforced by the Purchaser and its agents and by each musician who is a party to this contract, or whose name appears on this contract or who has, in fact, performed the engagement contracted for (herein called “participation musician(s)”), and by the agent or agent(s) of each participating musician, including the Local Union. It is expressly understood by the Purchaser and the musician(s) who are parties to this contract that neither the Federation nor the Local Union are parties to this contract in any capacity except as expressly provided in 3 above, and therefore, that neither the Federation nor the Local Union shall be liable for the performance or breach of any provision hereof. It is further understood that neither the Federation nor the Local Union is responsible for any act or omission on the part of either participation musician(s) or Purchaser. It is further agreed that neither Purchaser nor Participating Musician(s) will name or join the Federation or the Local Union as a party in any civil action or suit arising out of, in connection with or related to any act or omission pursuant to this agreement by wither Purchaser or participating musician(s).
5. Leader hereby authorizes Detroit Musicians Entertainment to collect from Purchaser in advance the monetary sum(s) set forth in 2 above and remit same to Leader.
6. The agreement of the musician(s) to perform is subject to proven detention by sickness, accidents, riots, strikes, epidemics, acts of God or any other legitimate conditions beyond their control.
7. This contract and rider attachment, if any, constitutes the sole, complete, and bonding agreement between Purchaser and musician(s), and cannot be changed, modified, altered or canceled except by mutual consent specified in writing and signed by Purchaser and Leader.
Phone (248)569-5400 ext. 4 Fax: (248)569-4716
20833 Southfield Rd., Suite 103, Southfield, MI 48075
Detroit Musicians Entertainment is a referral service provided by Detroit Federation of Musicians Local 5