How To Register
For DetroitMusicians.net and Detroit Musicians Entertainment
…it’s that easy.
This guide will help you register for our site. During registration you will have an opportunity to create your free Detroit Musicians Entertainment (DME) profile – a valuable resource available to all members. The DME website is an online showcase designed to connect the many exceptional musicians of Local 5 with members of the greater Metro Detroit community who need live music for special events such as parties, weddings, and corporate events. Please take advantage of this wonderful resource! Creating a profile has never been faster or easier. Please review our FAQ for more information about Detroit Musicians Entertainment.
- All Local 5 members must register to use this site. An email address is required for registration.
- After registering, you can log in and create your free Detroit Musicians Entertainment profile (DME profile). This step is optional.
- You can have as many DME profiles as you like – however each profile requires completing the registration process again using a unique email address and user name.
- Would you like your own DetroitMusicians.net email address? Fill out the Detroit Musicians Entertainment application online and include the name you would like to use for your new email address (e.g. myband@DetroitMusicians.net) and we will create it for you.
- Would you like to forward email from your new DetroitMusicians.net email address to your personal email? Remember to include the forwarding email address on you application.
IMPORTANT: Your Detroit Musicians Entertainment profile will not be approved and posted until we receive your DME application.
How to Register For DetroitMusicians.net
NOTE: The software that runs our referral site was adapted from a program used by top modeling and talent agencies. During the registration process you may notice terms such as “talent”, “gender”, “model” etc. that seem out of place. None of this will be visible to the public.
Things you will need
- Your personal email address
If creating a Detroit Musicians Entertainment Profile:
- Your photo or a band/ensemble photo (jpeg, png, tiff, etc.)
- Your bio or info about your band (copy and paste from Word etc.)
- Other supporting material you may have including:
- Resume (pdf)
- Sample Set List (pdf)
- Links to Vimeo or YouTube Videos
- Links to SoundCloud Tracks or Play Lists
Have questions? Visit our FAQ page for answers.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lets get started…
(click photos below to enlarge)
|1||Go to DetroitMusicians.net and click on “Log In” on the right side of the navigation bar. From the Log In screen choose “Register Now”.|
|2||Enter all required info:
|3||If you completed all of the necessary fields you will see this screen:
Your registration request will be reviewed and approved by our staff as soon as possible. If you are creating a DME profile, please fill out our short, online DME application. Your DME profile will not be approved without a completed application.
|4||Upon approval you will receive an email with your user name, temporary password, and link to our login page. When you receive this information, log in with your new user name and password. You will be brought to the screen below.
|5||After clicking on “Setup Your Profile” you will be brought to the screen below. This is where your DME profile is created.
Only links for approved media types may be included in your profile (YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud etc).
Note: You can return to edit this information at any time. When you are finished, click “Save and Continue”.
|6||Members can now add a variety of multimedia content to their profiles. On the top half of the screen (pictured below) you will see drop down boxes that will enable you to simultaneously upload up to nine media files of your choosing.
Currently the site supports the following media types:
Please note that we are requesting all members to observe a 25 MB limit on uploaded media files. This is a guideline and we will allow some flexibility. However our software will monitor the size of your directory. If we find abuse of this guideline your profile may be suspended until it is brought into compliance. So watch out for those big photos!
|7||Your profile will also support the following streaming media types: YouTube, Vimeo, and Sound Cloud. Visit our FAQ page for info on streaming media.
CONGRATULATIONS! You are done! Your new profile will be activated as soon as your application is approved by our staff.
|8|| IMPORTANT: To change your password (and to create or edit your profile at a later date):