Start enjoying the many benefits of union membership by completing your membership application today. Select the button below to download a membership application.
Join us today!
If you are not already a member of the American Federation of Musicians (through membership in another local), by joining the Detroit Federation of Musicians you will also become a member of the AFM. If you have any questions about the application process, please call our office during normal business hours at (248) 569-5400 or email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $170 Annually – if payment is received in January.
- $42.50 Quarter – dues may also be paid quarterly.
- $35 Local Initiation fee – A one time fee which is waived if the applicant is under 21, a full time student, or a member of a musical group whose non-union members are all joining at the same time.
- $65 National Initiation fee – A one time fee for applicants who are not yet members of the American Federation of Musicians (or former members who resigned in good standing). This fee is also waived if the applicant is under 21, a full time student, or a member of a musical group whose non-union members are all joining at the same time.
Benefits of Joining as a Student
- Musicians who are under the age of 21 or are full time students are also eligible to join with No Initiation Fees!
Benefits of Joining as a Group
- No Initiation Fees for members of musical groups whose non-union members are all joining at the same time: Non-AFM members of a musical group may now join the union by simply paying the quarterly dues of $42.50. This means it only costs $42.50 per musician to join – a savings of $100 per person! The requirements are that two or more musicians join at the same time and that they can provide a sample professional photo, brochure or web address as proof of their status as band mates.